|Sims 2 Game Help Categories:|
|MTS's Sims 2 Q&A Help Forums|
This guide is all about death in The Sims 2.
Different Ways A Sim Can Die
There are multiple ways a sim can die:
- Cowplant (Uni)
- Death by Flies
- Death by Satellite
- Death by Sunlight (Vampires in NL)
- Freeze to Death
- Heat Stroke (Seasons)
- Hit by hail (Seasons)
- Hit by lightening (Seasons)
- Old Age
- Scared to Death
Pleading with Death
Mourning, Tombstones, and Urns
Ghosts' appearance and general behavior reflect on how they died:
- Burned: Red - smoking
- Death by Flies: Purple
- Death by Satellite: Orange
- Disease: Green
- Drowned: Blue - leave puddles behind
- Electrocution: Yellow - spark and electrify occasionally
- Hunger: Normal but transparent - open the fridge and remove five food units.
- Old Age: White
- Scared to Death: Pink
- Ghosts like to scare living Sims. Make sure you don't allow your Sims needs to drop low when a ghost is around or they could die of fright.
- Ghosts appear only at night and disappear before sunrise - always near their urn/tombstone - or a former location if it's been moved to another spot on the lot.
- Ghosts will wake your sleeping Sims up. So don't keep urns in your Sims' bedrooms or they'll never get a good night's rest!
Ghosts will haunt the lot until their urn or tombstone is removed via Buy mode. Ghost will disrupt living sims in various ways:
- Making flowers wilt
- Turning on TVs and stereos
Ghosts can also possess objects, manipulating them to scare your living Sims:
- Dining chairs: Float even if a Sim is sitting on them
- Microwave: Floats, opens, and closes
- Surgical dummy: Floats
- Table lamps: Float. If the ghost is angry, the lamp may be broken
- Teddy bear: Floats and head rotates
- Toy xylophone: Plays by itself
- Tubs and shower tubs: Fill with water and bubbles. If the ghost is in a bad mood, he'll dirty the tub.
The level of a haunting is a matter of:
- Whether the ghost is angry
- Whether the ghosts' urn or tombstone has been smashed or kicked
A happy ghost is annoying enough. An angry ghost can be a problem. Ghosts get angry for three reasons:
- No Food: If a ghost died of hunger and there are either no refrigerators on the lot or a fridge is empty, the ghost will be angry. The solution to this is to buy or restock the fridge.
- Spouse Remarries: If a dead Sim's spouse remarries, the dead Sim will not be a happy camper. The ghost will think about their spouse and the new-comer often (with a red X through their spouse's new love). The only way to calm this ghost down is for the living spouse to get divorced.
- Family moves out: If the ghost's family has moved out, the ghost will be angry at any new residents.