|Sims 2 Game Help Categories:|
|MTS's Sims 2 Q&A Help Forums|
This guide is all about death in The Sims 2.
Different Ways A Sim Can Die
There are multiple ways a sim can die:
- Cowplant (Uni)
- Death by Elevator Crash (Open for Business)
- Death by Flies
- Death by Rally Forth! (Open for Business)
- Death by Satellite
- Death by Sunlight (Vampires in NL)
- Freeze to Death (Seasons)
- Heat Stroke (Seasons)
- Hit by Hail (Seasons)
- Hit by Lightning (Seasons)
- Old Age
- Scared to Death
- Spontaneous Combustion (Seasons)
Pleading with Death
Mourning, Tombstones, and Urns
Ghosts' appearance and general behavior reflect on how they died:
- Burned: Red - smoking
- Death by Flies: Purple
- Death by Satellite: Orange
- Disease: Green
- Drowned: Blue - leave puddles behind
- Electrocution: Yellow - spark and electrify occasionally
- Hunger: Normal but transparent - open the fridge and remove five food units.
- Old Age: White
- Scared to Death: Pink
- Ghosts like to scare living Sims. Make sure you don't allow your Sims needs to drop low when a ghost is around or they could die of fright.
- Ghosts appear only at night and disappear before sunrise - always near their urn/tombstone - or a former location if it's been moved to another spot on the lot.
- Ghosts will wake your sleeping Sims up. So don't keep urns in your Sims' bedrooms or they'll never get a good night's rest!
A happy ghost is annoying enough. An angry ghost can be a problem. Ghosts get angry for three reasons:
- No Food: If a ghost died of hunger and there are either no refrigerators on the lot or a fridge is empty, the ghost will be angry. The solution to this is to buy or restock the fridge.
- Spouse Remarries: If a dead Sim's spouse remarries, the dead Sim will not be a happy camper. The ghost will think about their spouse and the new-comer often (with a red X through their spouse's new love). The only way to calm this ghost down is for the living spouse to get divorced.
- Family moves out: If the ghost's family has moved out, the ghost will be angry at any new residents.
Ghosts will haunt the lot until their urn or tombstone is removed via Buy mode. Ghost will disrupt living sims in various ways:
- Making flowers wilt
- Turning on TVs and stereos
Ghosts can also possess objects, manipulating them to scare your living Sims:
- Dining chairs: Float even if a Sim is sitting on them
- Microwave: Floats, opens, and closes
- Surgical dummy: Floats
- Table lamps: Float. If the ghost is angry, the lamp may be broken
- Teddy bear: Floats and head rotates
- Toy xylophone: Plays by itself
- Tubs and shower tubs: Fill with water and bubbles. If the ghost is in a bad mood, he'll dirty the tub.
The level of a haunting is a matter of:
- Whether the ghost is angry
- Whether the ghosts' urn or tombstone has been smashed or kicked