Game Help:TS3 Patching:Patch Download/Current
|Sims 3 Game Help Categories:|
|MTS Help Q&A Forums|
|TS3 Patching by Category|
If you've come by this page via a link and would rather use Launcher to patch, click here to go back to the "parent" page. And a reminder when using Launcher: If the process is halted or interrupted, check that you're running the latest version of EADM (aka Origin). See Common Errors for some suggestions to fix the most common error messages encountered. Or you can just choose to use the direct download method with the link(s) below.
- Patch 1.29.55 - released on Dec 14, 2011.
- Based on this Changes from SOP starting from 1.22 note, looks like there won't be any separate patches for any packs anymore. So what does this mean? The skuversion.txt of your EPs and SPs would show the last patch you applied to it, or its original retail version. For example, my Generations is at "GameVersion = 8.0.152.011001". But, Launcher will tag on the level numbers so it becomes "8.0.152.013001" in the Launcher screen ("9.0.73.013001" if you have Town Life), to match the base game's level (see Level column in Game Help:Patch_Table).
- Version.tag would show your true Base Game's gameversion, ie
[Version] LatestBase = 1.29.55.014001
which would match your Base Game's icon in Launcher when you hover over it and your skuversion.txt file. To verify the patch really did update your game and completes the full process, you can verify that all versions in these 3 different areas are identical: Version tag == Launcher's BG icon == BG's skuversion.txt (info.plist for Mac OS X)
- Select one, either the Incremental or the SuperPatcher, not both!
- Incrementals would only patch from the previous version stated and is Region-specific.
- SuperPatcher is cumulative update and contain all fixes from 1.2 onwards. And anything goes, ie would work on any previous version, of any Region. If you're the type who reinstalls a lot, I'd recommend just downloading the SuperPatcher.
| Read before proceeding!|
Publishing the patch links below is by no means an endorsement that the updates are OK. Usual precautions apply, make backups, wait for mods to be updated, play on new user files while waiting for CC/mod updates and so on. There are reported Slot issues with CC, so if you have Contests, Challenges or Projects deadlines of some sort, you might not want to update at this time.
Patch 1.29.55 - (Patch Notes)
|Region 1 - Americas||Region 2 - Worldwide||Region 3 - Asian||Region 5 - Japanese||Region 7 - Digital Download|
|from 1.26 [@130 MB]||from 1.26 [@130 MB]||from 1.26 [@130 MB]||from 1.26 [@130 MB]||from 1.26 [@130 MB]|
|SuperPatcher, for All Regions [@862 MB]|