Game Help Talk:Sims 2 Cheats
There are a couple of duplications that need fixing here - addneighborToFamilyCheat [on/off] appears twice and setHour [0 - 23] three times, both under Gameplay cheats -whiterider
- Fixed, thanks. HystericalParoxysm 06:10, 21 May 2007 (CDT)
While not necessary, adding some detail to the stretchSkeleton cheat section would be useful when explaining "how" the animations look "weird." When Sims are too short, they suffer an effect called gnoming. When too tall, they experience the effects of storking. --BulldozerBegins 00:05, 21 May 2007 (CDT)
- I don't believe assigning specific terms to the weirdness is necessary. People can always try it and see. They have been given recommendations on the maximum amount to go in either direction to avoid such weirdness, and I don't believe "storking" and "gnoming" are really accurate so much as "animations don't match up and sims start looking misjointed and just weird." HystericalParoxysm 06:10, 21 May 2007 (CDT)
- I see. I'll still include documentation on my own wiki about the topic, with the terminology defined. I'll add on my userpage here a link to all content defining these terms on DozerfleetWiki. That'll save the trouble of having to define them here. Thanks for you input though. --BulldozerBegins 13:35, 21 May 2007 (CDT)
Meaning of the boolean property "lotInfoAdvancedMode"
This cheat is equivlent to clicking the "I" icon of of popup windows drescri9bing the family. when true, the display with more info is opend, when false the display with less info is used. Clicking the icon swaps the value of this boolean property. It appears the propery is only useful in usercheats to dtermine if the simple or advanced family infomation window is the default when the game is first started. Bugmenot 13:50, 29 May 2007 (CDT)
Adding Bon Voyage "changeLotZoning" *Edited: until Apartment Life*
changeLotZoning [residential/community/hotel] Kabuto 14:58, 17 November 2007 (UTC)
- the help code give us more choice : changeLotZoning [residential | community | greek | dorm | secretsociety | secretvacationlot | hotel | secrethobbylot | apartmentbase | apartmentsublot | secretwitchlot ] -- Kabuto 15:06, 23 October 2008 (CDT)
There is another add required for the "changelotzoning" cheat. The new one to make a hotel out of a lot is: "Changelotzoning hotel".
cheat text in what file?
Where is the cheat text stored so it can be edited to include all cheats? -Eep² 05:39, 30 June 2008 (CDT)
- Game_Help:Cheats#Enabling Cheats Automatically, which links to Game_Help:Userstartup.cheat, which, as you'll see, contains Game_Help:Userstartup.cheat#How do I make a Userstartup.cheat file.3F ;) - whiterider 12:35, 1 July 2008 (CDT)
- I mean the actual file the game uses to display ALL the cheats in the ctrl+shift+c console "?" command... -Eep² 05:45, 2 July 2008 (CDT)
- Ah, not sure about that, sorry. - whiterider 13:37, 2 July 2008 (CDT)
Enabling apt. build/buy tools in an apt. lot
I have never been able to get the cheat (which enables the locked build and buy tools in apartment lots) to work that is listed here in the pages. However, I did find another which did:
boolProp aptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled true/false
To place items outside of owned apartment spaces, you can use:
boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled true/false
In a search for something that actually worked for me, I came upon: this discussion
I have never edited wiki pages before and was hesitant to add anything, but thought I'd add my findings here and see.
--Nukeya 10:20, 27 July 2009 (CDT)