MTS2 and S2C Chat Room Rules and Regulations
MTS2 and S2C host an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) server. It is a text-based chat system with different themes to its several rooms. People from around the world can gather to talk about all different subjects.
Before you enter the chat, you must read and agree to follow these rules:
- Age Restriction: You MUST be over the age of 13 to use MTS2, S2C, and the site's live chat. Leave this site immediately if you are 12 years of age or under.
- No Warez: No discussion, linking, or trading of software or intellectual property if you do not own a legitimate, legal copy. Warez trafficking endangers this server's connection. No discussion of no-cd cracks whatsoever. Do not ask people for registration codes, paysite content, or redistributed files.
- No Porn: No linking of adult material, no cybering or raunchiness in the main channel. While we're not prudes, minors may be present, and we're not in the business of irritating parents.
- New Channels: Only MTS2 staff or other Sims 2 site owners may own channels. Users may have their own channel as long as they contact a member of staff for permission and abide by server rules. All other channels will be closed.
- Private Messaging: Do not PM (private message) people without asking permission in the channel first. This is a common courtesy and a rule on our server.
- Intelligent Typing: No spamming (saying the same thing over and over), advertising (posting your site address to get people to visit), scrolling (typing a few characters per line filling up the screen with just you talking), shouting (ALL CAPS), leetspeak/chatspeak (r u sum1 ppl m8 ne1 o y evry1, etc.), idiotspeak (OmG i jUsT fOunD tHe ShIfT kEy), attitudes, or slandering people. No e-thuggery, jackassery, or mock violence. You don't need to have perfect spelling or grammar, just type like you have half a brain.
- English Only: Please type in English in public channels in our chat. Again, we don't require perfection, just make an effort.
- The Bot: We have a bot, Foamy, who, among other things, "serves drinks" to chatters. Do not abuse the bot commands (!coffee, etc). They're there for a little amusement, but the bot needs rest too.
- Be Yourself: No impersonating ANYONE else. This means MTS2/S2C staff, community members and creators, other chatters, your brother, your cousin, or your dog. We have ways of checking and you'll just look stupid.
- The Bosses of You: Respect the channel operators - anyone with a ~, &, @, or % is a staff member (site and/or chat) and if they tell you to stop doing something or to do something, then obey them - they have the power to remove you from chat if you don't listen and follow the rules. Do not ask for ops.