ModtheSims Live Chat
MTS hosts a text based chat room with different themes to its rooms. People from around the world can gather to talk about all different subjects - please note that the General chat, while associated with the MTS site, is not a "sims chat" and most of the time, the topics will be just general chatty stuff, not Sims-related.
Chat Rules and Guidelines
Before you enter the chat, you must read and agree to follow these rules:
- Age Restriction (13+): You MUST be over the age of 13 to use MTS and the sites' live chat. Leave immediately if you are 12 years of age or under.
- No Warez: No discussion, linking, or trading of software or intellectual property if you do not own a legitimate, legal copy. Warez trafficking endangers this server's connection. No discussion of no-cd cracks whatsoever. Do not ask people for registration codes or redistributed files.
- No Porn: No linking of adult material, no cybering or excessive raunchiness in the main channel. While we're not prudes, minors may be present, and we're not in the business of irritating parents.
- New Channels: Only MTS staff may own channels. Users may have their own channel as long as they contact a member of staff for permission and abide by server rules. All other channels will be closed.
- Private Messaging: Do not PM (private message) people without asking permission in the channel first. This is a common courtesy and a rule on our server.
- Intelligent Typing: No spamming (saying the same thing over and over), advertising (posting your site address to get people to visit), scrolling (typing a few characters per line filling up the screen with just you talking), shouting (ALL CAPS), leetspeak/chatspeak (r u sum1 ppl m8 ne1 o y evry1, etc.), idiotspeak (OmG i jUsT fOunD tHe ShIfT kEy), attitudes, or slandering people. No e-thuggery, jackassery, or mock violence. You don't need to have perfect spelling or grammar, just type like you have half a brain.
- English Only: Please type in English in public channels in our chat. Again, we don't require perfection, just make an effort.
- Be Yourself: No impersonating ANYONE else. This means MTS staff, community members and creators, other chatters, your brother, your cousin, or your dog. We have ways of checking and you'll just look stupid.
- The Bosses of You: Respect the channel operators - anyone with a red or green name in chat is MTS staff. If they tell you to stop doing something or to do something, then obey them - they have the power to remove you from chat if you don't listen and follow the rules. Please allow staff to handle issues - we don't need everyone in chat jumping on someone for a rule infraction.
- No Where Can I Find: The chats are for people to come and hang out and chat - not to find custom content you want. Do not ask where to find certain custom content in chat! Use the Where Can I Find forum, under the Help menu, on MTS. We aren't here to find content for you.
- No Help! We do not have a chat room for live help with Sims 2/3 not working/not working correctly/installing custom content/help with custom content. Please do not ask for help in chat - you will just be told the same thing here and no help will be given! All game help is conducted in MTS's Game Help section. Please read the FAQs there and try what they say to do - if you still need help there is a link at the bottom of that page where you can ask questions in the forums.
Again, do not ask for help in chat unless you want to talk about actually making things!
If you have read EVERYTHING above and you agree to follow those rules, then you can click one of the below links to join the chat using the Java client:
For general social chat about all manner of topics - not neccesarily (or even very often) Sims 2/3 related. Again, this chat is not for help. See above if you have problems with your game!
To get assistance and talk about creating with other creators of all skill levels. This chat is -only- for creation-related help and talk - see above if you have problems with your game! Please note that chat is NOT for requesting people make you content. Do not request content be made for you in chat.
Click here to join the General chat.
Click here to join the Creation chat.
You MUST read ALL the points at the top of this page! If you come in, ask for general help or otherwise break the rules, you can and will be removed! Failure to read these is not an excuse!