ModtheSims Live Chat
MTS hosts a Discord server with different themes to its channels. People from around the world can gather to talk about all different subjects - please note that the General chat, while associated with the MTS site, is not a "sims chat" and most of the time, the topics will be just general chatty stuff, not Sims-related.
Chat Rules and Guidelines
Before you enter the chat, you must read and agree to follow these rules:
- Age Restriction (13+): You MUST be over the age of 13 to use MTS and the sites' live chat. Leave immediately if you are 12 years of age or under.
- No Warez: No discussion, linking, or trading of software or intellectual property if you do not own a legitimate, legal copy. Warez trafficking endangers this server's connection. No discussion of no-cd cracks whatsoever. Do not ask people for registration codes or redistributed files.
- Private Messaging: Do not PM (private message) people without asking permission in the channel first. This is a common courtesy and a rule on our server.
- Intelligent Typing: No spamming (saying the same thing over and over), advertising (posting your site address to get people to visit), scrolling (typing a few characters per line filling up the screen with just you talking), shouting (ALL CAPS), leetspeak/chatspeak (r u sum1 ppl m8 ne1 o y evry1, etc.), idiotspeak (OmG i jUsT fOunD tHe ShIfT kEy), attitudes, or slandering people. No e-thuggery, jackassery, or mock violence. You don't need to have perfect spelling or grammar, just type like you have half a brain.
- English Only: Please type in English in public channels in our chat. Again, we don't require perfection, just make an effort.
- Be Yourself: No impersonating ANYONE else. This means MTS staff, community members and creators, other chatters, your brother, your cousin, or your dog. We have ways of checking and you'll just look stupid.
- No Where Can I Find: The chats are for people to come and hang out and chat - not to find custom content you want. Do not ask where to find certain custom content in chat! Use the Where Can I Find forum, under the Help menu, on MTS. We aren't here to find content for you.
- No Help! We do not have a chat room for live help with Sims 2/3 not working/not working correctly/installing custom content/help with custom content. Please do not ask for help in chat - you will just be told the same thing here and no help will be given! All game help is conducted in MTS's Game Help section. Please read the FAQs there and try what they say to do - if you still need help there is a link at the bottom of that page where you can ask questions in the forums.
Again, do not ask for help in chat unless you want to talk about actually making things!
Click the Connect button below to join the general chat on Discord: