Difference between revisions of "Tutorials:Body Shop Meshing Clothing and Body Tutorials"
(→Clothing and Body Tutorials)
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
If you have never made a Body Shop mesh before, you MUST start with the beginning tutorials. Once you have successfully
If you have never made a Body Shop mesh before, you MUST start with the beginning tutorials. Once you have successfully a body shop mesh, then you can continue on to these advanced tutorials.
==What you will need==
==What you will need==
Revision as of 20:45, 4 January 2018
|Tutorials by Category|
If you have never made a Body Shop mesh before, you MUST start with the beginning tutorials. Once you have successfully created a body shop mesh, then you can continue on to these advanced tutorials.
What you will need
- A 3D modeling program - we HIGHLY recommend Milkshape with the Unimesh plugins. Free programs are available but simply will not do what Milkshape will do for its low price.
- Prerequisite for ALL Body Shop Meshing Projects: You MUST be an experienced creator of Body Shop recolours - that is, changing textures and alphas for clothing, hair, accessories, skintones, etc... These tutorials will not tell how to use Body Shop or make textures for your meshes... and the skills you learn through becoming extremely adept at making recolours/retextures/reskins of Body Shop content are -crucial- to being successful at creating new Body Shop meshes.
- Tig's blue grid template
Clothing and Body Tutorials
These tutorials cover some advanced and specialized topics.
- Assigning Swimwear, Formal and Workout Outfits To Toddlers - This tutorial gives you the category, age and gender hex values.
- Converting Clothing to Different age groups by Faylen
- Correcting Footstep Noises On Skins! - This tutorial will teach you how to match the footstep noise to the correct shoe type.
- How to Add Bump Maps to Skins That Don't Have Them
- Make an Alpha Skirt, Step by Step - This tutorial will to teach you how to make an alpha skirt.
- Method on Virtually Eliminating Texture Compression Restrictions on Clothing Creations - An extensive research method on eliminating blurred clothing by splitting clothing meshes into skin and clothes.
- Tig's Sims 2 Example Bodies and Faces object mannequins - Useful when placing glasses, hair decorations, accessories for the hands like fans and briefcases, etc.
- TS3 to TS2 Clothing Conversion Tutorial by serenity_fall - A very good tutorial on converting clothes from TS3 or TSM to TS2.