Tutorials:TS3 Basic Object Creation
|Tutorials by Category|
What will I need?
You will need to download and install the following - note this is a general reference. The tutorial you're following may require different versions of these tools so check first before downloading and installing:
- A 3D modeling program
- Blender or Milkshape. Note Milkshape is required for TSRW.
- Import/Export Scripts for your modeling program
- UV Mapper - UV Mapper Classic, UV Mapper Pro, Lithunwrap, Milkshape, Wings, and Blender all have built in mapping
- How to Make a Simple Texture Replacement by ThomasRiordan
- Creating Paintings with Multiple Images by cmomoney
- Clone a Painting and Change the Image - For Those New to Sims 3 Object Modification by orangemittens
- How to Create Designer Rugs by cmomoney
- Making a New Roof Texture with Functioning Thumbnails by Qbuilderz
- Easily Add and/or Change Object Images and Change Default Textures by orangemittens
Basic Object Meshing
- Tutorials for TS2 but they cover meshing for Milkshape, Wings and Blender
- Setting Up Blender 2.5 For TS3 Object Creation by cmomoney
- Understanding 3D Meshing by Wes Howe
Easy Object Animation
Converting TS2 to TS3 Object Meshes
- Converting Objects from Sims 2 to Sims 3 By Jonesi
- Converting objects from TS2 to TS3-Collecting mesh and Textures with Simpe by Cocomama
Meshing Objects in TS3
- Tutorials:TS3_BasicObjectCreation by HugeLunatic
- Start to Finish Object Creation for Beginners by orangemittens - Covers basic meshing and all Sims 3 related steps to get your new mesh in the game.
- Creating an end table in Blender 2.5 part 1
- Creating an end table in Blender 2.5 part 2
Tutorials that are outdated or unfinished, but may still have some beneficial information.
- Basic Meshing Tutorial by Flabaliki - Link is no longer working.
- Basic Step-by-Step guide to creating for TS3 by ellacharm3d - Download version - Contains useful meshing instructions & basic information about .package structure. The instructions for tool use are outdated.
- Basic Step-by-Step guide to creating for TS3 by ellacharm3d - Wiki version - Contains useful meshing instructions & basic information about .package structure. The instructions for tool use are outdated.
- Meshing Objects in TS3 by DeluxeDesigns - Outdated
- How To Clone A Painting And Change the Texture - Outdated
- Changing EA Painting Images by orangemittens - Outdated
- A short guide to good clonable CAS objects (in progress). By buggybooz
|Tutorials by Category|