Tutorials:TS3 Basic Object Creation
|Tutorials by Category|
What will I need?
You will need to download and install the following - note this is a general reference. The tutorial you're following may require different versions of these tools so check first before downloading and installing:
- A 3D modeling program - There are two which currently have Import/Export scripts for Sims 3:
- Import/Export Scripts for your modelling program
- UV Mapper
- Blender and Milkshape both have built in mapping.
- UV Mapper Classic, UV Mapper Pro, Lithunwrap, & Wings are alternative mapping tools.
- How to Create Designer Rugs by cmomoney
- Making a New Roof Texture with Functioning Thumbnails by Qbuilderz
- Easily Add and/or Change Object Images and Change Default Textures by orangemittens
- How to Make a Simple Texture Replacement by ThomasRiordan
- Clone a Painting and Change the Image - For Those New to Sims 3 Object Modification by orangemittens
- Start to Finish Object Creation for Beginners by orangemittens - START HERE!
- Setting Up Blender For TS3 Object Creation by cmomoney
- Simple Mesh Replacement In Blender by cmomoney
- Creating an end table in Blender 2.5 part 1
- Creating an end table in Blender 2.5 part 2
- Milkshape 3D - Using lod1 to create WSO medium and low detail meshes with all morphs in Milkshape by sciguy77
TS2 to TS3 Conversion
Note: these tutorials use outdated versions of s3oc, s3pe, and the Milkshape plugins.
- Converting Objects from Sims 2 to Sims 3 By Jonesi
- Converting objects from TS2 to TS3-Collecting mesh and Textures with Simpe by Cocomama
- Start to Finish TS2 to TS3 Object Conversion Tutorial by porkypine - Wiki version
- Tutorials for TS2 but they cover meshing for Milkshape, Wings and Blender
- Understanding 3D Meshing by Wes Howe
- Bufu's 3Ds Max Guides - Part 1: Simple Meshing for 3D Studio Max (Used Version 2013)
These are short, quick tutorials which only cover one specific step in the object creation process. They won't show you how to go from nothing to a great object; but if there is a specific step that you're struggling with, these will help you get past that step.
Tutorials that are outdated or unfinished, but may still have some beneficial information.
- Creating Paintings with Multiple Images by cmomoney - Contains useful information about .package structure. The instructions for tool selection and use are outdated.
- Modifying a TS3 Mesh - Modifying a TS3 Mesh by Wes Howe - Outdated
- Basic Step-by-Step guide to creating for TS3 by ellacharm3d - Download version - Contains useful meshing instructions & basic information about .package structure. The instructions for tool use are outdated.
- Basic Step-by-Step guide to creating for TS3 by ellacharm3d - Wiki version - Contains useful meshing instructions & basic information about .package structure. The instructions for tool use are outdated.
- Meshing Objects in TS3 by DeluxeDesigns - Outdated
- How To Clone A Painting And Change the Texture - Outdated
- Changing EA Painting Images by orangemittens - Outdated
- A short guide to good clonable CAS objects (in progress). By buggybooz
- Enabling patterns in S3PE by cmomoney - Can now be done automatically using Texture Tweaker 3.
- TS3 Easy Object Animation - RothN - Unsupported, non-functional tool
|Tutorials by Category|