CREATING A TUNING MOD
Some people find tuning mods and want to make changes that fit their needs, while others see behavior in their game they would like to change. Whatever the case for your interest, you shouldn't feel unable to make changes because you "don't know how". Though Tuning Mods are one of the simplest forms of modifying your game, sometimes that's all you need. You don't need a core or script mod to make sims stop doing annoying behavior or have them perform a task autonomously, etc.
- Create a Workspace - start by creating a new folder somewhere on your computer. Give it a name: Tuning Mods or Workspace or My Test Area, whatever you want.
- Open the Gameplay folder. To do this click on "Start" > Computer > C: > Program Files(x86) > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Game > Bin > Gameplay
- Copy the GameplayData.package to the new folder you just created
- Download S3P3 by Peter L Jones and install it on your computer. Simplest way is to use the "Windows Easy Installer version".
- Open S3PE and make sure it's setup to make things easier for you to use (this should be set by default)
- Make sure "Names" is checked
- Make sure "Preview" is set for "Value"
- Make sure "Display" Names and Tags are checked