Base Game: The Sims 2
So, you've decided to invest in the base game of The Sims 2? Well, here is a list of some of the features and content one can expect with this basic game. Be sure to check out our articles on features of its expansion packs as well.
Buy Mode Items
- Brand Name MetalKettle
- Ciao Time "Mondo Fuego" Gas Stove
- Dialectric ReadyPrep Range
- Elegant Chef Flamebay Gas Range
- Shiny Things, Inc. Grandoise Grill
- The Grillinator "BigBQ"
- "Food Shrine" Commerical Display Freezer
- "Food Temple" Commercial Display Freezer
- Gagmia Simore "RefuseNik" Trash Compacter
- GazeEase "Stow 'N' Show" Produce Bin
- Imperial Plumbing Pole-Air Freezer Bin
- Shiny Things Inc. "Whisp-Aire" Dishwasher
- VeggiStuff Produce Bin
- Wishy-Washer From Brandname LX
- Brand Name "EconoCool" Refrigerator
- Ciao Time "Bonvinia" Refrigerator Model BRRR
- Brand Name Zip Zap Microwave
- Ciao Time Espresso Machine
- Extra Prep Coffee Maker
- TechTonic Touch Toaster Oven
- XLR8R2 Food Processor
- "Ultra Funky Curtain Clothes"
- Aluminium Privacy Blinds by P. King Tom Trading Co.
- Antique Lace Curtains
- Cornerstone Victoriana Velvet Drapes
- Deluxe Veil of Dreams
- Doublewide Tieback Curtains
- Floor-Length Tieback Curtains
- Loft Curtains by Sparse and Fine
- Sill-Length Tieback Curtains
- Stewart Mourning Café Curtains
- Veil of Dreams
- "Obviously Modern" Wall Mirror
- Club Distress Wall Mirror
- Exotic Reflections Mirror
- Look Upon The Orient Mirror
- Manor House Multi-Mirror
- Modular Image Full-length Mirror
- Porcelain Oval Mirror
- Reflective Glass Mirror
- St. Ajoque Reproductions "See Plus" Mirror
- Total Mirror
- Vision Mirrors "Past Reflections"
- "Bowl of Plastic Fruit"
- "Wear's the Sale?" Shop Sign
- Anytime Candles
- AquaBox Five-Gallon Aquarium
- Exotic (Non)Screen from Simports, Ltd.
- Ol' Grandfather Clock
- Produce Market Shingle
- SimCity SynapseSnapper Industrial Sign
- "Blue Sky" Bonsai Tree
- Falling Fern
- Fancifully Fuzzy Fern
- Frost de Fleur Bud Vase
- Fruitless Fig Tree
- Hosta La Vista
- Juniper Bonsai Tree
- Mystic Life "Flower Vase"
- No-Fuss Ficus
- Rubber Tree Plant
- The Simulated Succulent
- "Flight-Away" Model Plane
- "Immobile Chimes" Mobile in Steel
- "On A Pedestal" by Yucan Byall
- "The Measure of a Sim" Wooden Model
- 12th Century Song Dynasty Sculpted Vase
- Ancient Transport Urn Sculpture
- Apple of the Eye
- Kozy Kitsch Gnome
- Museé Public "Collection Sculpture"
- Shocking Pink Flamingo
- The My-Chi Scuplture Form
TV and Computer
Build Mode Items
Walls & Rooms
Doors and Windows
Single Story Windows
Multi-Story Doors and Arches
Foundation & Decks
Connecting Column Arches
Connecting Column Arches
Other odds and ends like potions and perfumes.
Include information on the new NPCs and their function in Sim Society.
If the expansion pack has new careers, put down the general info along with the career reward object.
Main article: Game Help:Death#Ghosts
This is controlled by a ghost flag system, and Sims can become ghosts by a variety of ways. Pseudo-ghosts are possible with a hack, and allow for all but the Is A Ghost flag to be activated so that a Sim may defy some of the laws of physics of the game's world.
However, the easiest way to create a ghost is merely to allow a Sim to die. As long as that dead Sim's tombstone remains on the lot where they originally died, there is a slight chance for a ghost to appear and haunt living Sims. If ghosts become too annoying, selling their tombstones is the easiest way to remedy the problem. With expansion packs, it becomes possible to resurrect Sims or even to create cemeteries to house tombstones until the player is ready to resurrect.
Once a tombstone is deleted, options become limited for how to get that dead Sim back.
Main article: Game Help:Aliens
Aliens come with the base game. The easiest non-hack way to get them is to stare into the expensive telescope for several hours. Using certain cheats may allow a player to debug the telescope, which guarantees abduction. Aliens may or may not impregnate a Sim victim. If they do, an Alien-Sim hybrid baby will be born. Afterward, the Alien baby will behave just like a normal Sim, but will have green skin and alien eyes.
Insert known bugs and fixes if applicable.
- Base Game at Wikia Sims Wiki