Game Help:DFDD4 Download the File/Prep
|TS3:Downloading for Downright Dunderheads|
Introduction | Before you download | Get Organized | The Main Event | Additional Info
Preparing the Download folder
It is always best to be organized. If you use a Download Manager, this task becomes even simpler. If you don't, you just need to stay organized manually i.e move files and remove unwanted content and prune things off as often as possible.
Setting up the folder
I have a MyDownloads folder in Documents for regular stuff that I download, but for Sims I have created a "landing folder" where all my Sims-related Downloads will go.
- right-click on an empty area
- create a New folder in a directory or drive of your preference
Sims3Downloadsin my secondary storage
F:/drive, which I usually refer to as the parent download folder
- Under this parent downloads folder, I would go another step and create some sub-folders to organize my downloads by website, then drill further down for content type or creator name, etc. A more comprehensive Organizing Guide can be found [[link placeholder]].
Setting up the browser
You can set the Download folder in your browser so all your Downloads are in a central location.
Sims3Downloadsfolder we created before, set it like so, and click OK
- If you want both options, click Cancel in the previous Dialog box. Back in General tab, set the Downloads options to Always ask me where to save files (underlined in Red in the second image in this section)
- Click OK when you are done making your changes.