Game Help:Enabling Custom Content
|Sims 2 Game Help Categories:|
|MTS's Sims 2 Q&A Help Forums|
Enabling Custom Content
- No content is showing up whatsoever
- Content is not showing up after installing a new expansion or after a reinstall
- Run The Sims 2.
- Click on the Game Option Button (it looks like a little cog/gear):
- Make sure that custom content is enabled.
- If you Nightlife and/or any later expansions, turn the custom content dialog off.
- Close/exit The Sims 2.
- Restart the game. Does your custom content show up now? If yes, you're done! If no, go to Step Six...
- REPEAT Steps One through Five - enable custom content and restart once more. Sometimes it doesn't work the first time.
Still Not Working?
If after completing the above steps...
- Content in particular categories (body shop, build mode content, houses, etc.) is still not showing up... See: Game Help:Custom Content in Categories
- All custom content is not showing up... You are probably not installing the content correctly! See: Game Help:Installing Custom Content
- Some content is showing up, but some of it is incorrect/wrong... See: Game Help:Custom Content Shows up Incorrectly
- Most content is showing up, but some particular items still aren't working... See: Game Help:Particular Content Files