Game Help:TS3 Patching:Patch Note 1.12
|TS3 Patching by Category|
Patch 1.12.70 / 2.7.7 / 3.3.11
Patches released on 1st Jun, 2010 with updates for the 3 games released before Ambitions - the second Expansion Pack released for the Sims 3 franchise. If you update, you have to update all of them. If Launcher does not show them in the update list, perhaps the EADM needs updating too (see Common Errors page for links). Else, direct download version links are available (link below).
Known (New) Issues
This patch causes the following issues:
- bug 1 [needs sources, known workarounds if available and patch version that subsequently fixes it]
- bug 2 [needs sources, known workarounds if available and patch version that subsequently fixes it]
Release Date and version numbers
This patch released on Jun 01, 2010 is
- in conjunction with the release of the second Expansion Pack for The Sims 3 franchise - Ambitions
- updates The Sims 3 base game to version 1.12.70 for those not installing Ambitions to be compatible with the code changes in the second Expansion Pack
- the update for World Adventures will update this EP to version 2.7.7
- the High-End-Loft Stuff Pack will be updated to version 3.3.11 by a separate file, as usual
This game update includes:
- This game update enables dynamic ad serving capabilities in The Sims 3. However, there are no immediate plans to activate any content of this kind. The Sims 3 EULA has further details. See http://www.ea.com/1/product-eulas.
- Lights placed on residential and community lots will now properly display onto the neighborhood
- Sims may now walk and stand on bridges
- Players who play The Sims 3 with game modifications can now create a folder in which to place their game modifications. The folder should be located here:
C:\Documents and Settings\YourComputer\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods
- When Mods are placed in the official Mod folder, a notification will appear to remind players that Mods are installed.
- Placing Mod packages into the Mod folder is an officially sanctioned way to bypass assembly signing verification. The Resource.cfg file must be placed in this folder in order for the modifications to work correctly.
- When Mods are installed that are incompatible, the player will receive a message notifying them of the error.
- Additional bug fixes to existing features
Edit Town Mode
- Players may now add, delete, and move residential and community lots from the Edit Town menu
- Players may now add, delete, and move neighborhood decorative objects from the Edit Town menu
- Players may now purchase and upgrade neighborhood community lots using the new Real Estate system via the Computer
- When using the Library in Edit Town, lots will now display their venue type (i.e. Park)
- Story Progression has been improved to prevent Sims required to complete Opportunities from changing.
- Sim genetics have been improved so that children now better reflect their parents’ skin tone and hairstyles.
- Sims can unlock outfit choices and share them with household members when using the “Plan Outfit” interaction on the Dresser.
- Players may now use Create a Style on Ceilings or add and delete them when in Build Mode
- Players may now use Create a Style on the edges of floor tiles
- When placing walls, rooms, foundations/decks, floor tiles, roofs, pools, fences, and basements the measuring tape tool will display to aid in more precise building.
- Wall Covering sets can now be found in a tab in Build Mode
- Players may now manipulate the roof pitch for individual roof sections when in Build Mode
- Sculptures can be found in a new Sculpture sorting category when in Buy Mode
Create a Sim
- Players may now use the Tattoo feature to customize Sims when in Create a Sim
- Players may now select the Fiancé, Girlfriend, and Boyfriend relationship settings when in Create a Sim
UI & Controls
- The user-interfaces for Sim View and Map View have been merged to provide more control and consistency between the two modes.
- The Opportunity interface has been improved to clearly outline the fiction, gameplay objectives, rewards, and Opportunity location for all Opportunities and Adventures.
- Certain Adventures and Opportunities will properly display in the Opportunities Panel when traveling between worlds
Patch notes copied from Official site
The executable files are located in the Archives.