Game Help:TS3 Patching:Patch Note 1.50
|TS3 Patching by Category|
Game Update for 1.50
This game update includes the following changes:
Free Sims 3 Base Game Content
- Sims can now dumpster dive from the Commercial Dumpster pre-placed in Sunset Valley and find cool items including furniture and collectables!
- New air conditioning units and electrical box decorative
- New Terrain Paint for Build
- A new traffic light for Create a World.
Base Game Updates
- Sims, cats, dogs, and horses will animate properly rather than sliding into position when performing social interactions.
- Sims will no longer occasionally flip or stutter when trying to walk through doorways.
- Gifts sent by invalid NPC Sims will no longer cause the mailbox to become unusable.
- The Fog Emitter that came with The Sims 3 Ambitions has been updated to transition properly to the new base game Fog Emitter object. Any lots created with The Sims 3 Ambitions fog emitters that were installed since the release of The Sims 3 Seasons will have to be reinstalled for the emitter effects to play properly. There is no need to re-upload any content to The Sims 3 Exchange – all content created with either The Sims 3 Ambitions fog emitter or the new base game fog emitter will work properly when installed after this update is applied.
- The Fog Emitter is once again moveable once placed in the world.
- Placing blueprints on foundations can no longer cause the game to crash.
- Placing a blueprint in a high rise or an apartment building can no longer cause the game to crash.
- Using the right mouse button to position the camera while previewing blueprints will now function properly.
- Greeting Cards placed in the home will no longer block Sims from accessing dressers or beds.
- Foundation walls are now considered to be light blocking. This prevents snow from accumulating within holes in a foundation that are entirely enclosed within the interior of a building.
- Sims that already had the hidden diving skill prior to game update 1.42 will now be able to use diving boards.
- Broken Omni Plant gift boxes will no longer appear in the Sims inventory when travelling between worlds.
- Ghosts will now properly appear for level 5 Ghost Hunters so they can continue their career progression.
Late Night Updates
- Deleting doors to NPC apartments can no longer cause the game to crash.
- Sims will now animate properly when selecting to dance together in clubs from The Sims 3 Late Night when The Sims 3 Supernatural is not installed.
- Improved performance in Bridgeport related to Sim routing.
- Pillow Fight wishes will appear much less frequently.
- The Park performance venue will now properly place in older save files created before installing The Sims 3 Showtime and any later expansions or stuff packs.
- Karaoke Machine wishes will appear much less frequently.
- The Heckle interaction is no longer available in Sims swimming in the ocean.
- Sims can now route properly on floor tiles built above a frozen water surface.
- Hot Dog and Pie Eating contests can no longer ironically cause a Sim to starve to death.
- Harvestable plants that are grown indoors can no longer become dormant or accumulate snow.
- Harvestable plants grown inside biodomes will no longer turn dormant in freezing temperatures.
- Harvestable plants will now always be watered during a rainstorm rather than the check only occurring once per day.
- UFOs can now abduct Sims from households that don’t have enough room for the UFO to appear on the lot.
- Sims will no longer become invisible if The Sims 3 Seasons is uninstalled with a save game created while a Sim is being abducted by aliens.
- Festival Grounds are now valid destinations for sending a Sim to perform through SimPort for players with The Sims 3 Showtime.
- Sims animations are properly reset when editing an active Festival Grounds lot.
- Performance was improved when selecting the “Invade a Community Lot” interaction on the UFO.
- Performance was improved when directing Sims to have a Water Balloon or Snowball fight on a cluttered lot.
- Ice sculptures from The Sims 3 Ambitions no longer melt in sub-freezing temperatures.
- NPCs that throw parties in the winter will no longer select Swimwear as the suggested clothing.
- Saving the game prior to a NPC Sim’s costume party will no longer cause Sims to reset upon loading the save file. Frost no longer appears to be a pure white surface on floor tiles or staircases on low detail lots.
- Reflective surfaces no longer suddenly pop back on when snow is melting.
- Rain drops from roof edges now fade out along with the roof.
- Water Balloon and Snowball fights are now easier to cancel from the action queue.
- Gloves no longer appear twice when selecting Outerwear.
- Sims can now be in the rain without an umbrella for a longer period of time before receiving the Soaked moodlet.
- The frequency of alien abductions (without user intervention to increase chances) has been lowered.
- The frequency of aliens visiting the player’s household (without user intervention to increase chances) has been lowered. They will however still visit the world at the same frequency.
- The frequency of getting called by an NPC Sim to go out on a date has been lowered.
- The frequency of umbrellas breaking has been lowered.
- Lemons and eggplants will now show up in the Collection Journal.
- Malleable Mimic Voodoo Doll, Lord Vladimir’s Magic Cauldron, Soothsayer’s Crystal Ball, and Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book o’ Spells will all now give skills introduced in The Sims 3 Supernatural.
- Fixed issues that occurred when trying to reinstall store lots.
Patch notes copied from
Links to update your game manually are located in