I dont think you guys should delete sim show articles. You are all complaining that you have to clean them up, just leave them then! Seriously I'm not trying to be rude but you dont have to worry about it, let the creators worry about it! I know if you take away sim show pages I have no use for this site and I will leave, and I'm sure many other people are in the same boat as me...
- The point is not about whether the creators can update them or not - the point (as explained in the message) is that the wiki staff have to trawl through all the Sims Show changes as well as the regular ones, and it gets very cumbersome with so many being edited.
In addition, this wiki is meant as a technical resource for the game and I do not believe that the Sims Show pages have anything to offer the site as a whole. This decision will not be revered and I suggest you set up your own wiki to cater for this type of thing. Delphy 13:22, 19 January 2009 (CST)
Uhm... what exactly is "Sims Show" or "the Sims Show"? Can someone please explain to me? And how were the articles people wrote about it so atrocious? I'm confuzzled. Lol. Over the Air 06:01, 5 June 2009 (CDT)
- Sims Shows are things like "Sim Big Brother", "Sims Next Top Model" videos etc. People were creating pages here to detail the long and boring results of their multitude versions of these, and in the process editing 20 times or more in one session, thereby spamming up the Recent Changes feature which site staff use to keep an eye on potentially troublesome activity. The people who were creating these pages were given a set of rules to stick by, and were reminded of them on numerous occasions; but many (although not all) persisted in breaking the rules and acting with no consideration for other users of the site. Hence the ban.
- - whiterider 12:02, 5 June 2009 (CDT)
Hi every bode im new here,i'd love to add a comment here,i'v been sign in mts2 and sxs2 from 2 month i think,and i download 200 downloads from them,i say ohhhhh ya thats greet you can add/change thing in the sims 2or3 but im bored from download other people stuff i want to create my own mod or cloth or whatever..... and as soon i sign in here immediately after i headed to tutorials and start reading,but commune i cant read and do every things in 20 days i need months,im a Computer network engineer in the reall live,so i lern faster but i have alot of things to read to do to have.........,maybe i will give in the near future a greet thin'g to this site but commune take't ease ease. This is an opportunity for all especially students. This topic is all about science papers, we will give some points and reminders on how to be an effective writer. Please check our site for more information and details.
best greeting for the people how create sxs2 & mts2 ,best best greeting for the sims2wiki for the impressive tutorials and other stuff and makeing sims 2&3 moding available for every one.(nour joun)
this website is so cool!!!i --Katelyn 21:00, 9 October 2009 (CDT)i love getting stuff here
I have tried and tried to follow those steps to get the hairstyles and clothing from peggyzone.com and i am getting so frustrated bc everytime i do it. It doesnt work will somebody please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11--Lgm59 18:33, 1 December 2009 (CST)
Influx of Spam on Wiki
What is being done to prevent this? I've noticed that there have been lots of spambots on the site just by looking at the recent changes. --Fway (talk) 14:59, 7 November 2012 (EST)
- There isn't a great deal we can do. We already have several layers of spam protection (at registration and at editing), but the people who write bots are unfortunately just as innovative as the people who write bot protection. :/ -whiterider (talk) 08:07, 18 November 2012 (EST)
Unable to Edit a page...
Is there a glitch in editing some pages? I've tried many, many times to add my tutorial to the Tutorial page, and it doesn't take. It doesn't even show up in history...NOTHING. It won't even let me put it on my watchlist. NOTHING. It shows up in PREVIEW but does not take. - Tsyokawe 08:50, 24 April 2014 (MDT)
This Problem is Resolved. Nysha, over at MTS, helped me with it. - Tsyokawe 17:21, 2 May 2014 (MDT)
Can't edit anything?
I was told a good while ago that, in order to edit on this wiki, I needed to log in with my MTS account. I did just that, and I'm still unable to edit at least 90% of the pages on this wiki. At least I'm allowed to edit talk pages, but I would like to put my wiki-editing skills to work on this wiki, as I see a lot of articles that can be improved. Just for the record, I am an admin on The Sims Wiki and a reviewer+rollbacker on Wikipedia. Anything I need to do to receive editing privileges on this wiki? --K6ka (talk) 18:43, 11 May 2014 (EDT)
I might be able to help here. I didn't jump in earlier, because I saw that you were "an admin on the Sims Wiki." Until your reply to me below, I thought this was the Sims Wiki. I've been on that site, too...but thought they were the same place, just different pages.
I couldn't edit pages, either. It turns out the bot protection is a tiny, little space above the page's text box. You type some obvious answer to an obvious question in a small textbox, and then hit save. A moderator at Mod the Sims helped me figure it out.
If your problem is more complicated than that, I'm sorry for this presumption. It's just that this is all complicated to me. --Tsyokawe (talk) 08:34, 14 June 2014 (EDT)
- Well, I should've made it more clear that I was admin of the Wikia Sims Wiki - Link. This is the SimsWikiInfo, just to avoid confusion. Well, at least I call it that. The two are totally different wikis, hosted on totally different servers.
- I don't understand the "bot protection is a tiny little space above the page's text box", because I don't see any tiny space with a textbox. The only one's I've seen is an anti-spam filter, which I've been able to get past with no problem. However, I need to be able to actually edit the page first.
- It seems that I can edit other namespaces, but not the "Game Help" namespace, which is what I'm trying to edit. K6ka (talk) 19:19, 15 June 2014 (EDT)
Oh. I didn't understand. You're saying that you don't even get the little "edit" link. omg. I can't think why that would even happen. You're logged in. Damn. I have no idea who or what monitors this site. I know that when I couldn't get my edits to take, I had to get help from someone at ModtheSims. If this place is tied in with Wikimedia, then maybe someone there would know...? I know that's my next stop, because I doubt seriously that whoever is supposed to watch this place is going to answer my questions. It'll be less important soon. Sims 3 is a crap game. While Sims 2 players will continue to need the Sims 2 information, I'm thinking Sims 3 will be dropped for Sims 4 in less than a year. (Unless that game's crap, too.)
Well, good luck. Sorry I wasn't any help. --Tsyokawe (talk) 20:11, 15 June 2014 (EDT)
Clueless about Adding Images
I have filled in the page for Private Investigator, but have no clue if the icon I want to add (for the private eye) is considered copyrighted.
Since this is a wiki for Sims, is it okay to upload a Sims icon?
If I don't hear back in 24, I'm going to assume it's acceptable (since the other career icons are also from Sims? - meaning I've probably already answered my own question...doh.)
--Tsyokawe (talk) 18:44, 10 June 2014 (MDT)
Well, I tried adding an image. I uploaded the appropriate icon, and embedded it, but got nothing but a red link. So, I deleted it. You guys probably don't care anyway, I see one of your own who's been waiting weeks for some help.
And since Sims 3 is soon to be rendered obsolete by Sims 4, my effort to produce a page for one of the Sims 3 careers was wasted, right? --Tsyokawe (talk) 09:32, 12 June 2014 (EDT)
- @Tsyokawe You might want to consider writing that for The Sims Wiki instead. I would've liked to see a "centralized" discussion page for this wiki that everyone watches, like the Wikipedia Village Pump. K6ka (talk) 22:20, 13 June 2014 (EDT)